Sunday, May 13, 2018

HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY: A Tribute To Women of Great Price



Happy Mother's Day to all the “Women of Great Price” who are faithfully devoted to God, family and country. First Lady Sister Pat created a course I took years ago. The course is literally called, “Women of Great Price.” I’d like to dedicate this post to Sis. Pat. Her ministries have had a very positive and profound impact on my life. I want to thank her for being a blessing to my family. Happy Mothers Day Sister Pat!


After joining Christian Stronghold Baptist Church, my mother landed a position at the church (wait a second, that doesn't sound right... anywho... my mother landed her position at the church before I joined). You could call her house looking for her, but 9 times out of 10 she was at the church, serving the Lord. 

I’m grateful for my mother and I even ask the Lord to give her some hugs and kisses for me from time to time. Even Einstein said, "Energy cannot be created or destroyed, it can only be changed from one form to another." It’s comforting to know that I will see her again someday.


If it weren’t for Sister Pat, I never would’ve realized how simple it was to become a published author. Years ago she mentioned that I should just type it all out and get it back to her so she could see if Pastor would help me get published. My smile was so big and my eyes were so wide as I grabbed my hair and said, “Really Sister Pat?”



https://www.facebook.com/Christian-Stronghold-Baptist-Church-167683316575746/
Since then, the One & Only True & Living has made me a published author and I can see myself flying all over the world helping others read and/or listen to the Bible from cover-to-cover (in any language) within a matter of weeks. That inspiration came from God, but the message was delivered by, yours truly, Sister Pat.

A while back, I showed Sister Pat some poetry, my notes and a few things I was working on. Since then, I created a calendar in Sister Pat’s honor. Although I still have to put the finishing touches on it, it will be ready for roll out in due season.


As most of you know. The plan was to go live and launch my website in my mothers honor today, but Youtube wants 24 hrs. to approve your channel before you can go live. That’s a bummer! Oh well, guess I'll just have to wait. 


In the meantime… my mother is the one who taught me my work ethic. She’s the one who knew I could do more, be better and live life more abundantly, sort of like Sister Pat. After all, they were friends and a few weeks before my mother passed away, we (Shawnie, Mom & I) were with Sister Pat on a Christian Women's Retreat. 


Thanks again Sister Pat. Being the First Lady of such a large congregation can’t always be easy, but great is thy faithfulness. Keep up the good work because you have set an amazing example of what it means to be a Women of Great Price!


Pssssssssst… what I like about her the most is that she’s no push over. What? She’s a fighter

http://www.christianstronghold.com
Sister Pat. & Husband, Our Pastor, Dr. Willie Richardson

May the Lord continue to bless her and her family. If you’re reading this post… please keep them prayed up and enjoy the rest of your Mother’s Day. Thanks!


 Christian Stronghold is a Bible believing, preaching, teaching, practicing church.



#HappyMothersDay #SisterPatriciaRichardson #WomenOfGreatPrice #ChristianStronghold #Proverbs31 #SisterPat #The90DayBible

What are your thoughts? Please comment on our Facebook page 


and feel free to share your testimony!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Buffy. I so remember that retreat. Continued prayers for you, 1st Lady and Pastor Richardson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks BFF, spending some time with Sis. Pat Sunday. I'll send her your love and make sure she get's your message. Girl, I'm sitting here, looking at all of this, and I have to move each and every blog post on every blog, to a paid platform. Lot's of work, but I'm up to the challenge.

      Delete
  2. Shawnie, my birthday is is quickly approaching and I was just thinking about how Christmas will be here before you know it. I've started making arrangements to celebrate your graduation, but I need to start packing. FOR REAL! Time is flying...

    ReplyDelete