Thursday, May 24, 2018

Plugged Into The Power of Prayer

The devil tried to put a black eye on the gang, but prayer is powerful. First it was the flu.
Then my asthma started acting up, so I had a hard time breathing. Saw a commercial
where you wake up doing a dance to try to shake off the numbness, not to
mention... Sleep Apnea.
To make matters worse, I finally started feeling better and in the process of getting
ready for Sunday morning worship service, I was a little overzealous while applying
my makeup and I wound up with makeup in my eye. After trying to use a
cotton swab to remove it, I notice a small red dot on my eyeball.
Did I mention that I heard a smoke alarm going off since about 7 AM Sunday morning?
It was 11 something and I could still hear the alarm while I was getting ready for worship.
Walked out the front door, on my way to church and my neighbor mentioned that the
smoke alarm was coming from a vacant property. I figured oh well, we'll just have to
wait for the battery to die down and it will stop beeping. So I went on to church.
While I’m sitting in service, I get a phone call asking me why the fire department
is at my house. Get home only to find the police and license and inspection
at my front door.
You know, when I left Sunday morning, I already knew what the problem was. It was
simply the battery, but the devil couldn’t let me go say hello to Sister Pat after
worship service. That would be too much like right! Moreover, by the time I
got home from church, that little red spot in my eye was spiraling a hemorrhage
out of control.

The next day I woke up to a migraine and my eye was sore, swollen and bloodshot red.
I could see the bleeding moving into my iris. I remember getting pink eye from sharing
eyeliner with my high school BFF (Mary), so we know what that's like, but this
was blood hemorrhaging on the inside of my eyeball. I saw the blood
hemorrhaging toward my iris. Naturally, I Googled it.

Turns out, you can lose your sight if the bleeding persists into the iris.
So I posted a prayer request on Facebook and rode my bike to the hospital.
Upon arrival, I observed the overcrowded waiting room, and asked the nurse how long
she thought my wait would be. Although, I braided my hair, brought a snack, a book
and some water, I wasn’t fixing to sit in the hospital waiting room for three or four hours.
Before noticing the problem, I was in the process of putting the finishing touches on
my last blog post and editing my new video,
“Tribute to A Women of Great Price.”
After the nurse mentioned my wait time I said, “I’ll be back.”
Prayed throughout the duration of my ride home and I felt better. I asked the Lord
to allow the exercise of riding my bike to be enough medication. It worked. I’m feeling
much better. Praise the Lord! Had a chance to check that Facebook post:


I’ll be adding each and every one of you to my permanent prayer list.
Thanks for being prayer warriors,
because like I said before…
I HATE HOSPITALS!!!
Something about brokenness that makes you realize just how blessed you truly are!
Brought to mind a parable we studied in class a few weeks ago,
“Parable of the Rich Fool” Luke 12:13-21.
The thing is, I walk by Patty Girl far too frequently. It’s time to do something about it and
get back to what I was doing before I was rudely interrupted by the hater that roams
about seeking whom he may devour.

The enemy has lost his ability to think rationally. You know, you have to be crazy,
anytime you go to God and ask Him if you can:
I'm glad the answer was (a Resounding, Thunderous, Clap Back):

“NO! NO! NO!”

Thanks for your prayers. Smooches! Love you all!

#PluggedIntoThePowerOfPrayer
#TributeToAWomanOfGreatPrice
#WomenOfGreatPrice
#The90DayBible





What are your thoughts? Please comment on our Facebook page 
and feel free to share your testimony!


2 comments:

  1. Praise the LORD!!! The effectual prayer of the righteous availeth much. James 5:16.

    As confirmation I looked up what would cause hemorrhaging of the eye also. The information did say the condition would go away in ten days by itself. But as always it is always still in a person's best interest to get a medical evaluation.

    In most cases, no treatment is required for this condition.
    Consult a doctor for medical advice
    Sources: Mayo Clinic and others. Learn more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Arlene. Hopefully, I'll be able to edit the video and go live before this Sunday. My birthday is Wednesday. Christmas will be here before ya know it. This year is zooming by...

      Delete