Wednesday, April 25, 2018

WHAT DOES YOUR NAME MEAN?

My parents were hilarious, but I thank God for the good times and the bad. What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger eh? Think your parents knew what they were doing when they gave you your name? If they knew what your name meant, that means they did it on purpose.

I’m named after my parents and I used to think, that was way cool. I’m the first. A love child that they tried for years to have, but when they fought, well, let’s just say in those days, they didn’t have the amber alert; however, there definitely would’ve been one issued for me when I was kidnapped by my own parent. Picture that -- how does that happen? In some ways it was a blessing and a curse.

I always knew what my first name meant. “Davida” is the Hebrew feminine form of “David” who was better known as, “The apple of Gods eye.” This prophesied royal boy grew up to be a great priestly king, who had a very profound relationship with the Lord and his lineage brought about Yeshua. 

The One & Only True & Living manifest himself in many ways, but through my name?
Yes! Definitely! Through my name, I have been redeemed and confirmed!

Well today, I deem it fit to post this article asking, "What does your name mean?"

This is really taking me out on so many different levels. One of my Christmas gifts as a seven year old girl was a toy sewing machine called, “Sew Perfect” and I decided to make some clothes for my Barbie doll. My mother called the seamstress in the family to teach me how to go about doing so. At some point, I decided I wanted to be a fashion designer.

Told my mom. Typical response, that can be your back up plan, but you are so smart that you should consider being a doctor or a lawyer. But Mom, I replied, I already know what I want to name my line of clothes. She said, “What?” I told her, “DaVida Marquise”

Of course my mother dug deeper and asked me, "Well what does that mean? Find out what that name means and I’ll take it into consideration." I found out what my first name means, and I found out Marquise was a form of a diamond cut which would be good for my logo. My Marquis diamond would be what the swan was to Gloria Vanderbilt.

Yeah, well Mom still wasn’t having it. That conversation took place between the ages of 7-8 yrs. old. I wound up in college for computers, only to find out, it wasn’t really computers, and then I changed my major to business. Which worked and served it’s intended purpose, but now I finally get to go back to school for what I want to go to school for. I want to go to school for fun. It was always so serious. 

We couldn’t even ride our bikes to elementary school. Not in urban areas or in the country. I guess our parents were cautious enough to believe that someone may like their child and their child’s bike more than they do. Folks that steal ya stuff, believe that they like ya stuff better than you do. Today we call that, “Stranger Danger!”

Life in the country was definitely different. We had to catch the school bus in the country. Too much gravel, road, land and farms, or so I thought at the time. I’m making this post because all of this is really just taking me out.

We used to have these brain exercise books called, “Adlibs.” Fill in a noun, a verb, an adverb, proposition, etc. After doing so you would find a funny story. Well today we have something called, “Goggle.”

Today’s brain exercises brought me to this place. Why did my parents name me? I know this is not just a question I ask alone. I bet the majority of you are wondering. In doing so, have you had the chance to ask any search engine what your name means?

Davida is the female famine form of David. David means, “Beloved.” My middle name is Renee, which means "Reborn". My name means:

“Beloved Reborn”



Through His name, I have been brought for a price, but I still have free will. That means I can still do as I deem fit.

Did I mention I was born on Memorial Day? Apparently, I interrupted the pick-a-nick basket in Memorial Park during the annual family Bar-B-Que!

Beloved, born again, on Memorial Day in Memorial Park...
Beloved, reborn, on Memorial Day!
Blessed, born again, on Memorial Day...
Blessed, reborn, on Memorial Day!



No matter how you look at it. My name was no mistake. Although I’ll get a new one, this one is absolutely, undeniably given to me by the Creator of heaven and earth. I couldn’t have done it better if I tried. 

Wow! That is absolutely fascinating. Let me know what you think in the comments. Have you had a chance to research the meaning of your name?

#namemeaning


Source: 4/17/2018 9:57:43 PM



HebrewדָּוִדModern DavidTiberian Dāwîḏ has the meaning of "beloved", from a root דּוֹד dôwd, which had an meaning of "to boil", but survives in Biblical Hebrew only in figurative usage "to love" and specifically a term for an uncle (father's brother).[1] In Christian tradition, the name was adopted as Syriacܕܘܝܕ‎ Dawid, Greek Δαυίδ, Latin Davidus. The Quranic spelling is دَاوُۥدDāwūd.


Renée is the female form of René, with the extra –e making it feminine according to French grammar.[1] The name Renée is the French form of the late Roman name Renatus and the meaning is reborn or born again. In medieval times, the meaning was associated with the Christian concept of being spiritually born again through baptism.[2]



No comments:

Post a Comment